The admission process begins with an interview; thereafter, administration will review enrollment requirements.
This policy will inform prospective students of Petra College’s admission and registration requirements.
The prospective Petra College student must provide or meet the following requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent i.e., general education diploma (GED), except for CNA program
Valid government issued photo I.D. (i.e.: driver's license, passport, military ID, state issued ID, etc.)
Social security card (Petra College will make a photocopy of the original)
Students interested in enrolling in Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy program must be 18 years of age. CNA students may enroll at age 16 with parental consent. Petra College will enroll a medical assistant and/or phlebotomy senior who is on track to graduate the current school year. To enroll these students must also produce the following:
A letter from the school counselor stating student is in good standing and on track to graduate within the current enrolled school year.
List the graduation date and the amount of classes student is enrolled in for the current school year.
Summary of the admission process:
1. Administration interviews student and reviews admission and registration policies.
2. Enrollment fee and complete enrollment packet.
3. Prior to orientation, all required documents (driver’s license or picture ID, social security card, high school diploma/GED, immunization records, and statewide criminal background check) must be submitted.
4. Attend Orientation
5. First day of class and first payment due.
Requirements for admission to the career programs at Petra College are as follows:
1. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age to start our certified nursing assistant program. All other programs applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Applicants of the CNA program who are under 18 years of age must have parental approval (signature) prior to acceptance (see form).
3. Applicant must be a high school graduate or equivalent (such as a GED or valid home education credential) to enroll in all programs except certified nursing assistant.
4. Applicant must successfully complete a personal interview with appropriate school personnel.
5. Applicant must be a US citizen or legal immigrant in possession of appropriate documentation.
6. Applicants must be current with all required immunizations including 2-MMRs (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), varicella and a MCV4 (Meningitis) or titers for all showing immunity, as well as Tetanus booster every 10 year. A negative Mantoux (TB) test is required before attending externship. All students are recommended to undergo the Hepatitis B Series vaccination. On a case by case basis one may be exempt from immunizations (see exemption form). Also, if a student is missing vaccinations prior to class start date, students must show evidence of scheduled appointments.
7. Applicant must obtain a criminal background check prior to school entry. However, Petra College can run background checks. The cost to run a statewide criminal background check is $45.00. If one pays with a credit card there will be a surcharge.
8. Once student pays his / her enrollment fee and background checks to the school, that amount is non-refundable.
9. Petra College will not discriminate against anyone with a documented or visible disability. It is the responsibility of the enrollee, to share their specified disability upon enrollment. Once disability is noted, Petra College will accommodate specified disability.
10. Admission to Petra College does not guarantee acceptance into a specific program.
11. The student must ensure that their records at Petra College contain their name as it appears on their social security card.
12. Petra College doesn't offer financial aid. However, enrollee may participate in a Petra payment plan( see administration)
13. Currently, Petra College doesn’t offer financial aid. However, enrolled may participate in a Petra payment plan (see administration).
14. Prior to orientation, student must review program catalog for specific curriculum and school policies / procedures.
15. Prior to orientation, all items must be submitted.
Note: * Some additional immunizations requirements may be deemed necessary by the clinical site.
Note: * Some programs admission requirements may vary. Call Petra for details.